Tourist (TR) Visa
- Please apply for an e-Visa online, through the new e-Visa system (https://www.thaievisa.go.th/).
- In-person visa application is not possible.
- The Embassy does not accept visa application by post.
- For more information on E-Visa, CLICK HERE
1. Tourist Visa (TR)
1.1 Eligible Applicants for TR Visa
This type of visa is issued to applicants who are currently residing in Austria, Slovakia or Slovenia and wishing to enter Thailand for tourism purposes only.
1.2 TR Visa Conditions
1.2.1 TR Visa is valid for a single entry into Thailand for tourism purposes only.
1.2.2 TR Visa is valid for 3 months from the date of issuance. Travellers must enter Thailand within the said 3-month period. They will be allowed to stay in Thailand for a period of up to 60 days, counting from the date of entry. Extension is possible for another 30 days, with maximum period of stay of 90 days, counting from the date of entry.
1.2.3 If the TR Visa holder breaches the entry conditions (for example, if he/she engages in work-related activities), the stay permit will be revoked and he/she will be prohibited from entering Thailand in the future.
1.3 TR Visa Application Procedures
- When applying, please exercise extra caution in choosing the right TYPE OF PASSPORT. If you are not a government officer, DO NOT choose "Official/Service Passport"; instead, choose "Ordinary Passport".
- Once submitted, the visa application cannot be amended.
- If there are mistakes in the application, e.g. wrong spelling of names or wrong passport numbers, the application will be rejected.
- Applicants will be required to apply and pay again. No refund is possible.
- Applicants must ensure that all their details are correct before submitting and paying for their applications.
- *Additional service fees for online payment may be charged by your debit/credit card providers* Please contact your card providers for more information. The Royal Thai Embassy assumes no liability for additional fees incurred by the applicants for their online payment.
- Visit https://thaievisa.go.th/
- Create an account
- Verification link will be sent via email.
- Your account can be used to apply for an e-Visa for yourself and also other people in your family (up to 10 applications at a time).
- Your account can also be used for future visa applications.
- Apply for a new visa
- Check your eligibility & choose visa category
- Upload biodata page of passport & a photo taken within the last 6 months (must be in JPG or .JPEG format, Size not exceeding 3 MB)
- Enter personal information, travel document details, address and employment information.
- Enter travel information
- Upload supporting documents
- Signed declaration form (download HERE)
- Travel booking confirmation
- Proof of accommodation in Thailand, e.g. accommodation booking reservation, invitation letters from family/friends in Thailand
- Financial evidence, e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, sponsorship letter (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family - for singple entry)
- Confirmation of legal residence in a country in which you are applying for the visa. (In case that you are not a national of the country in which you are applying for the visa.)
- Applicant is required to upload his/her passport pages which contain all travel records for the past 12 months (1 year) since the last international trip.
- Applicant must apply for e-Visa via specific Embassy/Consulate conforming with his/her consular jurisdiction and residency. Applicant is required to upload document that can verify his/her current residency.
- Please upload your picture holding the photo and information page of the passport.
- Pay application fee online: 35 Euro (single entry, non-refundable)
- Check status
- You can monitor status of your application by logging into your account.
- You may also withdraw your application.
- Once approved, e-Visa will be sent to you via email. You may also download your e-Visa through your online account.
- The Embassy may request for additional documents to be sent via firstname.lastname@example.org
CLICK HERE for E-Visa USER MANUAL
2. TR Visa Processing Time
- Usually 3-10 working days, depending on the completeness of documents, type of visa, and nationality of the applicants.
- Please apply for e-Visa at least a month (but no longer than 3 months) before travelling.
- Applications by certain nationals can take up to 3 months for approval.
- The Royal Thai Embassy cannot accommodate urgent requests. The applicants must ensure that they leave sufficient time for their visa application process before their planned departure.
- Do not come to the Royal Thai Embassy unless invited for an interview.
- Consular officers reserve the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary.
- Visa processing fee is subject to change without prior notice.
- Nationals of certain countries are required to apply for a visa only at the Thai Embassy or Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at the designated Thai Embassy.
- The applicants must provide genuine documents and information. If the applicants provide fraudulent documents or false information, their applications will be rejected and they may be prohibited from entering Thailand in the future.