- Type Of Visa
- Diplomatic Visa D
- Consular Services
Diplomatic Visa "D" & "F"
1. ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS FOR DIPLOMATIC "D" & "F" VISA
- Diplomatic "D" Visa is for holders of diplomatic passports or red UNLP who are posted to Thailand.
- Diplomatic "F" Visa is for holders of diplomatic passports or red UNLP who are sent on a short-term mission to Thailand
- Diplomatic Visas are granted without a fee (gratis).
2. APPLICATION PROCEDURES
- Visit https://thaievisa.go.th/
- Create an account
- Verification link will be sent via email.
- Your account can be used to apply for an e-Visa for yourself and also other people (up to 10 applications at a time).
- Your account can also be used for future visa applications.
- Apply for a new visa
- Check your eligibility & choose visa category
- Upload biodata page of passport & a photo taken within the last 6 months (must be in JPG or .JPEG format, Size not exceeding 3 MB)
- Enter personal information, travel document details, address and employment information.
- Enter travel information
- Upload supporting documents
- Signed declaration form (download HERE)
- A Note Verbale from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the sending country (or the Embassy at which the applicant is current serving) or the relevant international organisations addressed the the Royal Thai Embassy in Vienna, requesting for the issuance of a visa, stating the applicant's name, the purpose of entry, positions, duration, etc. In case of posting, the Note Verbale should also mention the name and position of the Bangkok-based officer who will be succeeded by the applicant. If the position is a newly established position, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or Bangkok-based embassy of the sending country must first submit a request for establishing the new position to the Thai Foreign Ministry in Bangkok.
- Applicant is required to upload his/her passport pages which contain all travel records for the past 12 months (1 year) since the last international trip.
- Applicant must apply for e-Visa via specific Embassy/Consulate conforming with his/her consular jurisdiction and residency. Applicant is required to upload document that can verify his/her current residency.
- Please upload your picture holding the photo and information page of the passport.
- Check status
- You can monitor status of your application by logging into your account.
- You may also withdraw your application.
- Once approved, e-Visa will be sent to you via email. You may also download your e-Visa through your online account.
- The Embassy may request for additional documents to be sent via firstname.lastname@example.org
CLICK HERE for E-Visa USER MANUAL
3. DIPLOMATIC VISA PROCESSING TIME
- Usually 3-10 working days, depending on the completeness of documents, type of visa, and nationality of the applicants.
- Please apply for e-Visa at least a month (but no longer than 3 months) before travelling.
- The Royal Thai Embassy cannot accommodate urgent requests. The applicants must ensure that they leave sufficient time for their visa application process before their planned departure.