This type of visa is issued to persons who wish to enter the Kingdom for the following purposes:
- to travel in immediate and continuous transit through the Kingdom en route to another country or
- to travel back to his/her own country over Thailand (category "TS")
- to participate in sports activities (sportsmen, sportswomen, etc.) (category "S")
- the person in charge or crew of a conveyance coming to a port, station or area in the Kingdom (category "C")
- transit flight longer than 12 hours
TRANSIT VISA APPLICATION PROCEDURES
- When applying, please exercise extra caution in choosing the right TYPE OF PASSPORT. If you are not a government officer, DO NOT choose "Official/Service Passport"; instead, choose "Ordinary Passport".
- Once submitted, the visa application cannot be amended.
- If there are mistakes in the application, e.g. wrong spelling of names or wrong passport numbers, the application will be rejected.
- Applicants will be required to apply and pay again. No refund is possible.
- Applicants must ensure that all their details are correct before submitting and paying for their applications.
- *Additional service fees for online payment may be charged by your debit/credit card providers* Please contact your card providers for more information. The Royal Thai Embassy assumes no liability for additional fees incurred by the applicants for their online payment.
- Visit https://thaievisa.go.th/
- Create an account
- Verification link will be sent via email.
- Your account can be used to apply for an e-Visa for yourself and also other people in your family (up to 10 applications at a time).
- Your account can also be used for future visa applications.
- Apply for a new visa
- Check your eligibility & choose visa category
- Upload biodata page of passport & a photo taken within the last 6 months (must be in JPG or .JPEG format, Size not exceeding 3 MB)
- Enter personal information, travel document details, address and employment information.
- Enter travel information
- Upload supporting documents
- Signed declaration form (download HERE)
- Travel booking confirmation
- Proof of accommodation in Thailand, e.g. accommodation booking reservation, invitation letters from family/friends in Thailand
- Financial evidence, e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, sponsorship letter (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family)
- (If applicable) Letter of invitation stating the application's participation in sports activities in the Kingdom
- Applicant is required to upload his/her passport pages which contain all travel records for the past 12 months (1 year) since the last international trip.
- Applicant must apply for e-Visa via specific Embassy/Consulate conforming with his/her consular jurisdiction and residency. Applicant is required to upload document that can verify his/her current residency.
- Please upload your picture holding the photo and information page of the passport.
- Proof of your onward travel arrangements and permission to enter another country after departing Thailand [may be required]
- Pay application fee online: 35 Euro (single entry, non-refundable)
- Check status
- You can monitor status of your application by logging into your account.
- You may also withdraw your application.
- Once approved, e-Visa will be sent to you via email. You may also download your e-Visa through your online account.
- The Embassy may request for additional documents to be sent via email@example.com
CLICK HERE for E-Visa USER MANUAL
Consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary
- € 30 per entry, maximum three entries
VALIDITY OF A VISA
- Three months.
PERIOD OF STAY
- Not exceeding 30 days for each entry
EXTENSION OF STAY
- Those who wish to stay longer must file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on
1) Soi Suan Plu, off South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120, Tel 02 287-3101-10
2) Chalermprakiat Government Complex (Building B - South), Chaengwattana Road, Soi 7, Moo 3, Laksi , Bangkok 12010, Tel. (66-2) 141-9889 / Fax. (66-2) 143-8228 / Call Center : 1178 /
Office hours : 08.30-16.30 hrs. (Monday – Friday). More information is available at www.immigration.go.th
- The extension of stay is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer and is usually allowed for no more than 7 days.
- Nationals of certain countries are required to apply for a visa only at the Thai Embassy or Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at the designated Thai Embassy.
- Information on location and contact number of all Thai Embassies and Consulates-General is available at http://www.mfa.go.th